Basic information about CzMA
- Czech Medical Association of J. E. Purkyně (hereinafter referred to as “CzMA”) is a voluntary independent association of natural persons – physicians, pharmacists and other personnel in healthcare and affiliated fields - or legal entities
- CzMA is a legal entity operating on the territory of the Czech Republic; its domicile is in Prague.
- CzMA has its own Bylaws of Association which were adopted on the congress of delegates on 11 November 1992 and amended on the congresses of delegates in 1994, 1996, 2003 and 2011.
- Number of members: 34.703 (November 2014)
- Total number of memberships in organisational units of CzMA: 86.836 (November 2014)
- Number of professional societies: 120
- Number of fellowships of physicians: 38
- Chairman: prof. MUDr. Štěpán Svačina, DrSc.
- Director of the secretariat of CzMA: Eva Ponocná
Right of disposal of CzMA
Česká lékařská společnost (Czech Medical Association) J. E. Purkyně
120 26 Praha 2
tel.: (+420) 224 266 201-4
fax: (+420) 224 266 212
Organisational structure of CzMA
- The basic organisational units of CzMA are professional societies formed on professional (expert) basis and fellowships of physicians formed on the territorial principle.
- Organisational units of CzMA shall have at least 50 members at the time of their formation and may be further internally divided and establish inferior organisational units (e.g. sections).
- Organisational units of CzMA are not independent legal entities; they are autonomous in their professional activities and are fully responsible for them.
- Organisational units may collaborate with professional associations abroad.